Thursday, June 30, 2011

At my eye appointment today, Doc says I have really healthy eyes. The healthiest she has seen all day. (I wonder about the folks she sees) My eyes drive me crazy. I have had perfect vision my whole life until I hit 40. Weird how it hit me at 40. Now I can't read the toaster buttons or a text message. But she doesn't need to see me for another 3 or 4 yrs. Normal aging she says. UGH!!!! 

Young people see and hear the world so clearly and take it for granted. Maybe that is why they know everything. The world still makes sense to them. Or at least they think it does. 

As we age the world gets a little hazier, noise seems like just that, noise. Things start to make less sense. We see things less clearly more crazy. Some of us get more paranoid, more worried. Others start caring less. Doing things they are entitled to or feel they are entitled to. Steve says "when he is old (like he isn't already), he will answer the door in his boxers" I am just glad to hear he will at least have on boxers. 

As I consider bifocals, I remember being able to see things clearly. I remember the world making more sense. We lived in the bliss of youth. Never considering that we too will age.(Hopefully)  "Youth is wasted on the young" I don't know who said this but how true. We think we are immortal. Our lives stretch out before seemingly endlessly.

As we age that begins to change. Somethings,  we see so clearly now, we recognize what is truly important. 

I will not go quietly into the night, I will go screaming, yelling, laughing, dancing and loving!!!! At least I hope to not go quietly. I am not one of those thrill seekers. I don't feel the need to jump off a building or a cliff. I don't have any desire to run a marathon. I like what I like and don't like what I don't like. For me, live music is the best. I can't understand those who can sit and listen to music. (Unless it is a symphony of course) If I am at an outdoor concert with live energetic music, it is impossible to sit still. To dance the night away is my thrill.

As you begin to need glasses more and more. As you begin to say "What" more and more. As you begin to look as confused as you feel, May you enjoy what this crazy mixed up loud world has to offer.

1 comment:

  1. I have been wearing progressive tri-focals for about a year, I can sadly remember how quickly I went from perfect vision to squnty staring

    ReplyDelete