Monday, April 27, 2015

30 years of marital bliss

30 years ago I stood before a judge, 7 months pregnant naive and 18. I stood next to a boy younger and probably more naive. We vowed to love honor and respect each other till death do us part.

I had no idea what life, what God had in store for us. We have had our ups and downs. We have fallen apart and fallen in love many times. 

In Dec of 2000, 18 years to the day of our first kiss, we stood before God and our family to vow to love one another forever.

Today, I would do both all over again. God has blessed me with a best friend to spend my life with. God has blessed me with a strong man, who has been the very best husband and father possible. He makes me laugh, he makes me cry, he makes my life complete.

Our family is in transition right now. Many changes happening this year. As our kids move about creating their own lives, I look across the room and see those beautiful green eyes and that smiling face, I know that everything will be alright.

I am so grateful to have such a man stand before me, stand next to me and stand behind me. We love God, we love our children, we live our catholic faith and we love each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment