Monday, May 4, 2015

cluster Migraine!!!

Cluster f' ing Migraine, that is the diagnosis. (In all fairness, I added the f' ing) It is a diagnosis of elimination. 2 ER visits, 1 dr visit, ct scan, mri, lumbar puncture, and blood work showed nothing. So it is more than likely a cluster migraine. Cluster migraines almost always happen to males, late 20's, heavy drinkers and smokers. None of which is me. But, lucky me, I get to be the rare instance!!!

Severe debilitating headaches. One of the worst feelings of my life!! I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. I didn't get to go with Amanda to help her get settled in Portland, Ore. That was probably the most heartbreaking.

Silver linings, there are always silver linings. 
Great family and friends who offered help, well wishes and lots of prayers. Deacon Jim, who visited, bringing me the bread of life, the word of God and healing prayers. His wife, Ofelia, who brought yummy homemade enchiladas. And an amazing husband, who took awesome care of me. Truly a blessing. 

Special thanks to Jr, Reba, Amanda Faith, Aaron, Renee and Marylou, who worked it out so the two Amandas can have a great road trip to Portland. What great memories they will be creating!!

I am on the road to recovery, hoping and praying this was a one time occurrence. Hoping to never experience this again. Grateful for modern medicine, great family and friends. 

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment