Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year Resolutions

Today was the Feast of the Epiphany of our Lord. We heard of the wisemen bringing gifts and paying homage to the baby Jesus. Not only did the wisemen bring gifts but they brought themselves. The sacrifice of the journey and the humble recognition of Christ as a King for all people. 

I was thinking about what Christ wants from me. He wants nothing more and nothing less than me. I am called to pick up my cross and follow him. Sounds like a challenge but He will take our cross on himself like he already did on Calvary. He wants us to stand, kneel, or crawl before Him. He will accept us no matter how we look or what kind of baggage we have. He calls us to do the right thing, no matter how challenging it might be.

We all make new resolutions and or have thoughts of things we want to improve about ourselves. We see the new year as a beginning, as a "do over". We put hope in the world and in ourselves. We say we will work on being healthier, losing weight, stop smoking, be nicer, be more spiritual etc.... Statistically 2weeks is how long a new year's resolution lasts. But I know we can do better. I know we can change and improve no matter what our age or difficulty.

As we make new years resolutions to improve who we are, to stop smoking, lose weight or just try to be a better human in this crazy world. We should offer it up as a sacrifice. Draw on the strength of Christ, He wants what is best for us. We can bring him Gold (the precious gift of our life), Frankincense(our spirituality) and Myrrh(the belief in life after death). 

I hope to continue this blog into the new year, but as I start a new job and a kitchen remodeling not sure how much time. My goal is at least once a week if not more. I know there are lots of interesting things to write about and hear your take on. I want to share my thoughts and hear yours as well.

Happy 2011 and God Bless you and your loved ones!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment