Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Season Greetings. Whichever you prefer I wish you and your family all the best. I celebrate Christmas so I will stick with Merry Christmas.

As I sit here next to my lit tree I am reflecting on the story of Christmas. This year the spirit isn't as strong as years past, just have a lot going on. Christmas is still my favorite season.

I think about Mary, she said yes to God's will. Even though she could be shunned even stoned. She said "Thy will be done". I think about Joseph, a quiet strong good man. He could have turned Mary over to the authority, he could have divorced her, but instead he said yes. He stood by Mary protected her and the Christ child. He also risked being shunned or death. 

They created a strong God filled family for our Savior to be a part of. They didn't have money or material wealth, just love and faith. The message in that love and with that family is so powerful. I often pray for the strength and intercession of St Joseph for my family. Through the intercession of St Joseph I was able to forgive my father and pray for his soul.

The most important event at this first Christmas is the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Think about this for a moment, God incarnate!! How amazing, how much love God must have for us to become one of us. The incarnate Christ was truly human and truly God. What a great mystery, incomprehensible but amazing. By becoming human God forever joined us to him in a most intimate way. The little babe in the manger offered so much hope and love. That is why the angels said "I bring you good tidings of great joy". The shepherds and the magi came to pay homage. This too is an awesome image and message. The wiseman from around the world and the simple shepherd together in worship. 

I pray that the babe in the manger may touch the lives of those reading this and many throughout the world. That His message of peace and love change the world even more than it already has.

Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment