Monday, January 9, 2012

Thoughts that overwhelm me;
1. I have lived in Ann Arbor 23 yrs this coming Aug. I will have lived here as long as I lived in Detroit. (not counting 2 brief 6mos stays in San Antonio)

2. Steve and I have been together for 28yrs, married for 26 going on 27. Wow!! We have been married longer than half my life!

I don't feel old enough for either of these. The old saying "life happens while making plans" is very true. I'm amazed at how my life has played out.
Given where I came from.

But even that doesn't sum it up. I bet it wouldn't for anyone. I came from the city of Detroit. Very poor and exposed to more than any child should be. Raised by a single mom in a large family. Getting pregnant at 18, then marrying my high school sweetheart.

Statistically, I should be a divorced single mom with 5 kids living in the city.
I am truly blessed to have a strong marriage. Marriage is work, it is a choice to make it work. Not always easy but usually fun.

Living in Ann Arbor has been a blessing also. I have made some great friends. It is strange because I am just now starting to feel like an Ann Arborite even after all this time.

If you read this post all the way through, which I hope you did, you are probably thinking "mid-life crisis". I know right!!!!

I just can't wait to see what the next 45 years have in store for me. Betty White at 90 and my mom at 70 are my inspirations.

Hope you all had a Blessed Christmas and I wish you many laughs in the New Year!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You have accomplish so much in your life this far, Can't wait to see how GOD will continue with his blessings. You have done such a great job (with Steve) with your family, they are something to be proud of. Stay as strong as you journey beyond the 45 years..<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and Ispiring.... Thank god for the wonderful blessing of strength to hold on to lifes challenges, Glad ur my sister I love you.

    ReplyDelete